The BJP urged the Governor Vajubhai Vala to ‘whip the Siddaramaiah government out of deep slumber.’ The BJP leaders prepared the report following a tour of the drought-affected areas of the state.
“Not even 25% of the funds has been utilised by the Siddaramaiah government and they are now blaming the Union government to cover up their failures in taking up drought relief works,” Yeddyurappa told reporters.
The BJP leaders now have demanded the government should waive off farm loans with interest for all farmers in the drought-affected areas, supply of free seeds and fertilisers. BJP also has asked the government to immediately take measures to supply water by train in drought-affected areas.
Yeddyurappa said that in the coming days he will going for another a second round of study tour in the drought-affected areas.
Highlights from BJP drought report
• The government must immediately waive off all the agricultural loans and interests upon the loans and assure employment to all under MGNREGA act of 2005.
• Government must distribute sowing seeds to the farmers at free of cost.
• Must increase water supply through tankers.
• The government should take action to bring water via trains.
• Must import fodder from outside the state.
• The government should announce taluk wise special packages to all the draught affected taluks.
• The government must arrange 3 phase electricity at least 8 hours in a day.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:41 PM