- Bangalore police now have come up with an SOS app.
- The app also has can trace and track through GPS.
With a swell in the number of cases related to women harassment, Bangalore police now have come up with an SOS app that promises immediate police help to women in distress.
The app is available for download on Google Play store.
However, it is yet to be officially launched.
"The App turns your Smartphone into a discreet personal safety device for use during an emergency. A call of service to Police can be triggered by simply activating the SOS button-like icon on your cell phone," the Bangalore police claims about its app.
DCP Command Control, MG Nagendra Kumar told Economic Times that as soon as a user pushed the SOS button, will automatically record and send 30-second audio files to the police. The description on Google Play store mentions that the app will also send 10-second videos to the police. “(The app) will also send a message to the control room as well as to the alternative contact numbers given (by the user) during the registration of the app," Kumar said.
According to the report, the police promptly responded with ten seconds after an SOS on triggered on the phone.
Here are some of the key features of the app:
- Will be triggered by pressing the power button 5 times
- 10 Seconds video clip will be recorded and uploaded
- Trigger Police to assist you in emergency.
- Send SOS Alerts to Friends and Relatives.
- Integrated to Police Computer Aided Dispatch System
- Enable real-time trace and track through GPS
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:51 PM IST