The boy fell into the piping hot sambar vessel and died. The incident happened at the Government Primary School in Nalgonda district of Telangana.

 

“The boy, who suffered 70% burns was initially taken to a government hospital in Nalgonda and later shifted to a state-run hospital in Hyderabad where he succumbed to his injuries around midnight,” Nakrekal police station circle inspector A Vishwaprasad told PTI over phone.

 

Following a complaint by the grandfather of the deceased boy, a case of negligence was filed against three women cooks with Katangoor police station, the inspector said.

 

The district collector visited the village and announced ex-gratia of Rs 2 lakh, a government job and a house site to the family members of the deceased boy, police official said, adding the headmaster of the school was suspended and probe is on.