- The first ever non-Parsi Chairman of Tata Sons is a native of Tamil Nadu.
- In October 2016, he was appointed as an additional director of the Tata Sons Ltd.
- He is also non-official directors of RBI.
With the announcement of N Chandrasekaran as the new Chairman of Tata Sons, all the speculation and drama that lasted for almost three months after sudden ousted of Cyrus Mistry has officially come to an end.
The CEO and managing director of Tata Consultancy Service, Chandrasekaran is the first non-Parsi person to have been appointed to this top position in Tata Sons Ltd.
A search panel recommended Chandrasekaran's name for this position and on Thursday, at the Tata Sons board meeting the members unanimously decided to appoint N Chandrasekaran as the new Chairman.
After the announcement, the newly appointed Tata Sons Chairman said, "It's a huge honour and privilege to be appointed first to the board of Tata Sons and now to be Chairman of Tata Sons. It's a privilege and is a huge responsibility."
About his vision for the company as the Chairman, he said that he will reach out to everyone in an effort to bind the $103 billion group, will create shareholder value, and also run the business on values and ethics for which Tatas are known for.
Below are the other key positions currently hold by N Chandrasekaran.
1. He is the CEO and MD of TCS since 2009.
2. Chandrasekaran is also the current chairman and additional director of CMC Ltd, a Tata company, since 2014.
3. In March 2016, he has been appointed as one of the non-official directors to the board of Reserve Bank of India (RBI).
4. In October last year, Chandrasekaran has been appointed as additional director of the Tata Sons Ltd.
The 53-year-old was born in Mohanur of Tamil Nadu, and an alma mater of NIT, Tiruchirapalli and Coimbatore Institute of Technology.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:56 PM