During lunch, a student spotted the baby snake in the meal and immediately informed the teachers.  Two teachers and six students vomited and were admitted to a private hospital, according to a report by The Hindu. The school authorities immediately stopped the meal.

Brij Bala, the principal of the school, immediately informed the matter to higher authorities as well the Iskcon Food Relief Foundation. The other schools who are also supplied their mid-day meals by Iskcon have been warned.

However, this is not the first time that concerns have been raised over the quality of mid-day meals. In 2015, houseflies and other insects were found in the mid-day meal provided to schools in Patiala. In the same year, 23 children died in Bihar owing to pesticides found in the meal. 

The present incident has again raised a question on the quality of the meals served to government school children.