Shocking details have emerged after a constable was arrested for trying to sneak mobile phone and sim cards to Thadiyantavide Nazeer alias T Nazeer, suspected Lashkar-e-Toiba (Let) operative at the Parappana Agrhara Central prisons on Thursday.

The accused Dinesh was reportedly trying to hand over a mobile phone to the suspected terrorist Nazeer in the guise of issuing his warrant in prison. Dinesh, a constable attached to City Armed Reserve Police (South division) had reportedly carried two smart phones in the warrant cover to the jail. The prison authorities who grew suspicious of him checked the warrant cover to find two smartphones hidden in it. The Parappana Agrahara police have taken Dinesh into custody and have booked him under cheating (IPC 420) and also for violating prisons manual, reports Kannada Prabha quoting DCP Dr Boralingaiah.

However, Dinesh has reportedly stated that he did not do it for money but out of 'trust', he agreed to help him in getting the mobile phone, reports Kannada Prabha. "I have not taken a penny from Nazeer. But did agree to help him with the mobile phone," reports Kannada Prabha quoting Dinesh. It is reported that Dinesh was one of the security personnel who regularly brought Nazeer to the court during the hearing. Last week, Nazeer was taken to court and, during that time one of his associates had handed over him two Samsung mobile phones. "While he was returning to the jail in the evening, he pestered me to keep the phones to avoid being caught by the jail authorities. I was told to bring them whenever it was possible for me," reports Kannada Prabha quoting Dinesh. As promised, Dinesh took the phones in the warrant cover to give it to Nazeer but was caught by Parappana Agrahara prison officials.

But what was shocking is the constable's 'proximity' to Nazeer, who is said to be the self-styled South India commander of the terror outfit. This exposes the nexus between the police officials and the jail inmates.

Nazeer is accused of luring Mulsim youths to the LeT training. He is alleged to have masterminded the blast in Bengaluru along with his 'guru' and PDP leader Abdul Nasser Madani. Nazeer, a native of Kannur in Kerala has been facing several criminal charges since he was 15. Nazeer is a prime accused in the murder of a Hindu leader in Kerala in 1991. After he was accused of the murder of Kerala chief minister EK Nayanar in 1997, Nazeer went into hiding. He was also accused of attempting to torch a Tamil Nadu bus to condemn the arrest of Madani for the Coimbatore blast in 1998. Later, he went to North, came in contact with LeT operatives and reportedly left to Pakistan to get trained in the terror outfit.

After Bengaluru blast in 2008, Nazeer had escaped to Bangladesh. However, he was arrested on November 4 in 2009 and was handed over to India. Bengaluru police had taken his custody and had housed him in the Parappana Agrahara prisons.

It is reported that Nazeer would secretly handover a letter to his aide Shahnaz in Kannur through the visitors visiting him in the jail. He reportedly would list out the names to be eliminated and threatened to escape the punishment in the blast case.

Earlier, also, Nazeer was accused of threatening witnesses of Bengaluru blast from the jail itself, using mobile phones. However, the police had not been able to find out the source of his mobile phones. But with Dinesh's arrest, the police suspect that Nazeer could have lured other police personnel too to get him mobile phones. The police are expected to investigate into it.