- Shetty is pumping in Rs 1,000 crore for the project.
- He is adapting the critically acclaimed book Randamoozham (Second Turn) by Jnanpith award winner MT Vasudevan Nair where the story runs through the eyes of Bhim.
- Veteran Adman VA Srikumar Menon will direct the movie.
Shetty is investing a whopping Rs 1,000 crore for the movie which will be released in prominent languages – Kannada, Malayalam, Telugu, Hindi and English. The film is said to roll by September 2018 and would be released in two parts. Mohanlal will play the Central character, Bhim.
Let’s know more about BR Shetty
* Born into a Tuluva family Kaup in Udupi district, BR Shetty left for UAE seeking better prospects to pay off the loan he had raised for his sister’s wedding
*But before migrating, he had been the municipal councillor (twice) in Udupi Municipal Council. BJP stalwart Atal Behari Vajpayee and Narendra Modi had campaigned for him
*Armed with a degree in pharmacy, he initially worked as pharmacist. He has the reputation of selling ‘Nivea’ cream. He has extensively contributed to health sector in UAE through his New Medical Centre, UAE's largest private healthcare provider
* Dr Shetty is also credited with setting up foreign exchange brand, UAE Exchange which has its presence in over 30 countries.
* Apart from his entrepreneurial achievements, Dr Shetty is also widely regarded for philanthropic activities not just in India and UAE but in other countries as well. In recognition of his contribution to trade and industry, he has been conferred with Padmashree
*Shetty has come a long way from sharing a room with five others in 1973 to owning an entire floor on Burj Khalifa. Today, he is the richest Kannadiga in the world with net worth of $2.1 billion as on June 2016
Also read: Vajpayee, Modi once campaigned for the world's richest Kannadiga http://newsable.asianetnews.tv/money/b-r-shetty-richest-kannadiga-business
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:59 PM