- Gauri Lankesh was shot dead by miscreants from close quarters at her residence
- Miscreants wore helmets apparently to avoid identification
- Police have declared nakabandi in the city and verifying call records
The shoot out of journalist Gauri Lankesh by bike-borne assailants last night has come as a challenge for the Bengaluru police miscreants are seen wearing helmets in the CCTV image. However, the police are exploring from all angles.
1. The police have seized the CCTV cameras installed at her house and are verifying the footage. Besides, they are also enquiring the neighbours who first rushed to her.
2. Besides declaring a nakabandi in the city, the police are also gathering clues from the mobile towers from her Basavanguri office to the residence, it is reported.
3. Post mortem of Gauri Lankesh has been reportedly delayed by an hour. This was confirmed by Gauri's brother Indrajit Lankesh while he spoke to the media persons.
4 .Her body will be kept at Ravindra Kalakshetra to allow the public to offer tributes. The last rites of Gauri Lankesh will be held at Chamrajpet. Karnataka in-charge from Congress party KC Venugopal is expected to offer his last respects.
5 .Congress high command raps up Siddaramaiah government over the murder of journalist Gauri Lankesh. The Congress high command who has expressed its shock over the killing of the journalist has condemned the incident in strongest words.
6. "We don't know what you do. But Gauri's culprits must be brought to book," is what the Congress High Command reportedly told Siddaramaiah.
7. Chief Minister Siddaramaiah has reportedly cancelled all his official engagements and closely monitoring the investigation process.
8. Umadevi, wife of Dr MM Kalburgi, who was also shot dead two years ago, has expressed her shock over the murder of Gauri. "I have not yet come out of the murder of Sir. Now, Gauri Lankesh! Gauri like Sir was always forthright in her views. But is it a crime to question the system?" With no culprits yet arrested for Dr Kalburgi's murder, can we expect Siddaramaiah government to do justice to Gauri's murder, she asked.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:36 PM IST