- The State Government has decided to approach construction companies in Dubai for MoUs for the construction of elevated corridors and ring Roads.
- The government is ready to hold talks with the Dubai based construction companies, offering a PPP model project implementation, based on toll collection revenue.
- The State Government is proposing to set up a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for construction of a peripheral ring road connecting Tumakuru Road to Hosuru Road.
The State Government has decided to approach construction companies in Dubai for MoUs for the construction of elevated corridors and ring roads in the City, in the wake of funds crunch. The government is ready to hold talks with the Dubai-based construction companies in this regard. However, the specific details are yet to be worked out. Sources at the Urban Development Department said that a meeting will be held at Dubai with construction companies offering a PPP model project implementation, based on toll collection revenue, reported Kannada Prabha.
The estimated investment for peripheral Ring Roads is Rs 12,000 crores and for Elevated Corridor Rs 18,000 crores. The Centre is willing to fund the peripheral ring road project. However, the State government’s part of the investment is over Rs 15,000 crore. Hence the PPP model has been envisaged by the State.
The State is proposing to set up a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for construction of a peripheral ring road connecting Tumakuru Road and Hosuru Road. Another elevated corridor of 82.7 km is also proposed to ease traffic congestion of the incoming vehicles. A Design for Reliability (DFR) report has also been prepared by an US company AECom Engineering. However, financial crunch is constraining the government, pushing the State to approach private firms for funds.
Peripheral Ring Road:
- Total project cost: Rs 12,000 crores
- Centre to invest 50 percent.
- 1,989 acres to be acquired.
- Rs 8,100 crores for acquiring land.
- 100 meter width 6 lane roads.
- Tumakuru Road (Dasarahalli) to Doddaballapura Road, Bellary Road, Old Madras Road, Sarjapura Road via NICE Road connecting Hosuru Road – 65 km.
- 82.7 km long elevated corridor.
- 6 line corridor.
- North –South Corridor – Central Silk Board to Hebbala – 18.1 km
- East – West Corridor 1 – K P Pura to Goraguntepalya – 19.70 km
- East-West Corridor 2 – Varthur Kodi to Jnanabharathi 27.70 km
Four-lane connecting corridor:
- Agara to Kalasipalya – 9.20 km
- Richmond Road to Halasuru – 2.30 km
- Kalyana Nagara Junction to Wheeler Road Junction – 5.70 km
- Total 82.7 km.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:36 PM