Tamil film Arambham is all set to be released in its dubbed version in Kannada
- The Competition Commission of India has instructed KFCC not to stop release of dubbed film Dheera.
- 'Dheera’, is a Tamil film ‘Arambham’ by Ajith dubbed into Kannada.
- Krishnamurthy had lodged a complaint with the CCI suspecting ‘Dheera’ would face problems.
- During the release of his dubbed a film ‘Satyadev IPS’ had run into hurdles during release.
- CCI instructed DG of Investigation Division complainant’s accusation is very clear prima facie and inquiry must be conducted in this regard.
The Competition Commission of India has instructed Karnataka Film Chamber of Commerce and S R Govindu and Vatal Nagarj of Kannada Okkuta not to pose any resistance for the release of ‘Dheera’, Tamil film ‘Arambham’ dubbed into Kannada, reported Kannada Prabha.
Earlier, Krishnamurthy had lodged a complaint with the Competition Commission of India that during the release of his dubbed a film into Kannada ‘Satyadev IPS’ had run into hurdles during release and had suspected that ‘Dheera’ would also face problems. CCI had inquired into the complaint on Sept 21 and has now issued an interim verdict. Commission’s members U C Mehta and Justice J P Mittal have instructed the Director General of Investigation Division that the complainant’s accusation is very clear prima facie and inquiry must be conducted in this regard.
Krishnamurthy has mentioned in the complaint that On March 3, 2017, he had contacted 28 theatres for the release of ‘Satyadev IPS’. Of them 23 theatres in 22 districts had agreed to release the film. Jaggesh had tweeted against his film and after that strong opposition was created. One theatre in Dharawad which had agreed to exhibit the film was damaged. Finally only 9 theatres exhibited the film. Of the 9 theatres 7 did not show 28 screenings as agreed upon, he explained.