BJP workers attacked after Amit Shah's speech in Mangaluru: Here is what happened [PICTURES]
- BJP workers were returning from Udupi to Mangaluru after Amit Shah's speech at Malpe on February 20
- Slogans from the BJP workers at night led to a tussle between people from two communities
- It started with stone pelting and turned violent, and the police had to be called to disperse the crowd
- Here is what exactly happened on the night after Amit Shah's speech
When BJP workers were returning from Udupi to Mangaluru after Amit Shah's speech at Malpe on Tuesday, a fight broke between people of two communities. It is alleged that some persons from the Muslim community in Bengre pelted stones at those returning to Mangaluru.
What started as a tussle then turned into a violent situation and left four persons from both communities injured.
This is what happened:
BJP workers returning from Udupi in the bus were shouting slogans. When the bus reached Bengre, some youths belonging to the Muslim community raised an objection to them shouting slogans late at night. This led to a heated argument between the two groups and both the sides engaged in stone pelting.
This news reached the police who came to the spot on short notice and dispersed the groups indulged in fighting. Among the injured, three are BJP workers Rahul, Lokesh, Vipin and one is from Muslim community named Aamir. All have been admitted to a nearby hospital.
- Amit Shah in Mangaluru
- Amit Shah speech
- Mangaluru violence
- BJP worker attacked in Mangaluru
- Mangaluru BJP attack
- Muslim attack BJP
- Bengre attack
- Amit Shah Udupi speech
- fishermen community
- Amit Shah Mangaluru Udupi visit
- Mangaluru BJP
- communal violance
- coastal violence
- coastal area