- Six-year-old Santhosh succumbed to alleged overdose of anaesthesia
- The victim had an extra growth in his nose and was being treated for four months
- Upset relatives have vandalised the clinic
Santhosh had an extra growth in his nose and he was being treated at Annaiah Clinic for the past four months.
However, the doctors decided to operate on the boy and had administered anaesthesia. But by afternoon, Santhosh suffered a heart attack and his brain stopped functioning, it is learnt. Worried doctors put Santhosh on ventilator and rushed him to St John's Hospital in Koramangala but he breathed his last, en route on Friday.
Santhosh is the only child of Nithyanand and Mugeshwari, residents of Ejipura. They have alleged gross negligence on the part of doctors that took their son's precious life. Upset relatives vandalised the clinic.
It may be recalled here, a four-year-old boy Shireesh too had died of an overdose of anaesthesia in 2013 February, at a dental clinic in Bengaluru.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:46 PM IST