Defence minister Rajnath Singh will be addressing a massive CAA and NRC awareness meet in Mangaluru, Karnataka, on January 27. Over 1 lakh people are expected to gather for the meet.
Mangaluru: Union defence minister Rajnath Singh is all set to address a massive Citizenship Amendment Bill and National Register of Citizens awareness meet at the Gold Finch City Grounds Kuloor in the coastal town of Mangaluru, Karnataka, on January 27.
Mangaluru Police commissioner PS Harsha issued traffic advisory to commuters on the backdrop of Rajnath Singh’s visit.
The traffic advisory stated that advisory is for the information of public and the guidelines that must be followed by the organisers and participants of the event.
· All vehicles plying from Udupi and Mangaluru City to the meet venue must be parked in designated slots for two-wheelers, cars and buses.
Guidelines for the public in view of traffic diversions mentioned below which will be in force on January 27 from 9 am till 9 pm, in view of the said meet.
· Vehicles taking the Udupi-Bengaluru route are requested to take a diversion at Padubidri towards Karkala – Dharmasthala – Shiradi Ghat.
· Vehicles coming from Bengaluru to Mangaluru are requested to take a diversion at Melkar – B C Road via Konaje – Thokottu – Mangaluru.
· Those travelling from BC Road to Mangaluru via Polali Kaikamba need to take another one more diversion at BC Road Kaikamba.
· Vehicles coming from BC Road and Pumpwell are requested to take a diversion from Nanthoor – Kaikamba – Moodbidri.
· Vehicles coming from Kottara Chowki are requested to take a diversion from Kottara Chowki – KPT – Nanthoor – Moodbidri.
· Vehicles coming from Mangaluru city are requested to follow diversion at KPT – Nanthoor – Moodbidri.
The police commissioner has requested the general public to follow the traffic diversions carefully to avoid confusion.
Last Updated 27, Jan 2020, 9:19 AM