Asianet Newsable

Kerala man who suffered 90% burns while rescuing wife succumbs to injuries

Anil Ninan who suffered 90% burn while rescuing his wife from a fire succumbed to injuries in the hospital
 

Kerala man who suffered 90% burns while rescuing wife succumbs to injuries
Author
Bengaluru, First Published Feb 17, 2020, 6:02 PM IST
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp


Dubai: A 32-year-old Keralite died in the UAE after sustaining severe burn injuries while trying to save his wife from a fire at their home in Abu Dhabi last week.

The deceased is identified as Anil Ninan, who hails from Kerala. He sustained 90% burn injuries in the fire on Monday last week.

His wife Neenu, who also suffered injuries in the incident, is said to be stable.

"This is a difficult time for us. His wife Neenu is still recovering at the hospital. She is safe. But, all of us are shocked about his death," a close relative said.

It is suspected that a short circuit caused the fire at Ninan's home.

According to reports, Neenu was caught in the fire while she was in the corridor and Ninan who was in the bedroom, ran to his wife in an attempt to save her when the flames spread to him.

The couple, who has a four-year-old son, was rushed to the Sheikh Khalifa General Hospital in Umm al Quwain and was later shifted to Mafraq hospital in Abu Dhabi on Tuesday and was in critical care.

Follow Us:
Download App:
  • android
  • ios