Within a span of 30 days, two students in Kerala suffered a snake bite in the school. While one died, the condition of the other is said to be 'serious'.
Wayanad: A student suffered a snake bite in a school in Wayanad district, Kerala, on December 17.
The victim was identified as Mohammed Rehan, a class 2 student of the Government Higher Secondary School in Sulthan Bathery, Wayanad. He has been admitted to a private medical college hospital. According to reports, the condition of the student is said to be "serious".
The school authorities said that the incident took place within the premise of the school, but not inside the classroom.
Earlier, a class 5 student of a government-run school suffered a snake bite and died. After the girl observed physical difficulties and injury marks, she informed the class teacher. The student's parents rushed her to a nearby hospital. The school management said, Shahla was sitting close to a wall and was bitten by a snake when she inserted her foot into a hole in the wall.
On her way to a government hospital (medical college), Shahla began to suffocate and was rushed to a private hospital. Doctors confirmed that it was a snakebite. However, they failed to save the girl.
Last Updated 18, Dec 2019, 7:03 PM