2 workers electrocuted while putting up hoarding at Alipore Zoo
Death of two workers due to electric shock was reported in Alipore Zoo. One person was taken to hospital in critical condition. Police are investigating the incident.
Two workers were electrocuted at Alipore Zoo. The deceased were identified as Taruni Ghosh and Pradeep Das. One person, Liton Das, was seriously injured. He was immediately taken to a city hospital in critical condition. Police are investigating the incident.
During the lockdown on Thursday, a hoarding of a private advertising company was being installed in the zoo while it started to rain. According to sources, three men went to put up the hoarding in the morning when the unfortunate incident occurred. Two people died on the spot.
Watgunj Police have already started an investigation.
Despite the lockdown, reports of tragic incidents are doing the rounds in the city. On Thursday morning, an accident took place on VIP Road at 7am. Shortly after, on the same day, the sorrowful incident took place at Alipore zoo.
Questions are being raised by people about why hoardings were being erected at the zoo during the lockdown.