Madhya Pradesh labourer finds diamonds worth Rs 35 lakh in Panna mine

First Published 6, Aug 2020, 6:08 PM

While digging a shallow mine in Panna, the Madhya Pradesh labourer found three diamonds with net weight of 7.5 carat

<p>A labourer became a millionaire overnight when he unearthed three diamonds worth Rs 30 lakh to 35 lakh at a diamond mine in Panna district of Madhya Pradesh, a senior official said on Thursday (August 6).</p>

A labourer became a millionaire overnight when he unearthed three diamonds worth Rs 30 lakh to 35 lakh at a diamond mine in Panna district of Madhya Pradesh, a senior official said on Thursday (August 6).

<p><br />
While digging a shallow mine, the labourer, identified only as Subal, found three diamonds with a net weight of 7.5 carat, Panna district's diamond officer RK Pandey said.</p>


While digging a shallow mine, the labourer, identified only as Subal, found three diamonds with a net weight of 7.5 carat, Panna district's diamond officer RK Pandey said.

<p><br />
&nbsp;</p>

<p>Experts have valued the precious stones at anywhere between Rs 30 lakh and Rs 35 lakh.</p>


 

Experts have valued the precious stones at anywhere between Rs 30 lakh and Rs 35 lakh.

<p><br />
&nbsp;</p>

<p>The labourer has deposited the stones at the district diamond office and they will be auctioned as per government rules, Pandey said.</p>


 

The labourer has deposited the stones at the district diamond office and they will be auctioned as per government rules, Pandey said.

<p><br />
After deducting 12% tax, Subal will get the remaining 88% of the sale proceeds, the official said.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

<p>A few days ago, another labourer had managed to find a 10.69 carat diamond from one of the mines in Panna in the Bundelkhand region of Madhya Pradesh.</p>


After deducting 12% tax, Subal will get the remaining 88% of the sale proceeds, the official said.

 

A few days ago, another labourer had managed to find a 10.69 carat diamond from one of the mines in Panna in the Bundelkhand region of Madhya Pradesh.

loader