Pataudi Trophy 2021, 2nd Test: A look at the records scripted on Day 2
India and England fought on Day 2 of the second Test for the Pataudi Trophy 2021 at Lord's on Friday. Meanwhile, several records were scripted in the process.
On Friday, India and England managed to put up a fight on Day 2 of the second Test for the Pataudi Trophy at Lord's London. While England continues to trail by 245 runs, some records were indeed scripted, as we take a look.
KL Rahul among India's best at Lord's
Rahul was dismissed on 129. However:
- He ended up being India's fourth-highest individual Test scorer at Lord's after Vinoo Mankad (184), Dilip Vengsarkar (157) and Sourav Ganguly (131).
- On Day 1, he became India's joint-most Test run-scorer at Lord's on a single day along with Dilip Vengsarkar (127).
- He is the third-highest run-scorer for India as an opener in England, having scored 521 runs, while he is behind Sunil Gavaskar (1,152) and Vijay Merchant (527).
Moeen Ali attains success vs India
Moeen managed to claim his 50th Test wicket against India. Consequently, he became the sixth bowler to do so after Muttiah Muralitharan (105), Nathan Lyon (94), Lance Gibbs (63), Derek Underwood (62) and Richie Benaud (52).
James Anderson surpasses Ravichandran Ashwin
Anderson claimed yet another fifer of his illustrious Test career, which happened to be his 31st. Consequently:
- He has claimed the most Test fifers among active players, going past India's Ravichandran Ashwin (30) in the process.
- He has claimed the joint-most fifers at a single Test venue, having claimed seven each at Lord's and Trent Bridge, along with Dennis Lillee (7) in Melbourne, while the list is led by Ian Botham (8) at Lord's.
- Since 1951, he is the oldest to claim a Test fifer at 39 years and 14 days since Geoff Chubb (40 years and 86 days).
Winning the toss, England asked India to as it was bundled out for 364 on Day 2, thanks to Rohit Sharma's 83 and Rahul's 129. As for England, it has been steady, finishing Day 2 on 119/3, with Burns and Root leading the charge.
Brief scores: India 364 (Rohit- 83, Rahul- 129; Anderson- 5/62) leads England 119/3 (Burns- 49, Root- 48*; Siraj- 2/34) by 245 runs.
NOTE: Asianet News humbly requests everyone to wear masks, sanitise, maintain social distancing and get vaccinated as soon as eligible. Together we can and will break the chain #ANCares #IndiaFightsCorona