South Korean movie Parasite creates history at Oscars 2020, Renée Zellweger and Joaquin Phoenix win best title
Parasite had gained six nominations this year at the 92nd Academy Awards - Best Picture, Best Director, Best International Feature Film, Best Original Screenplay, Best Production Design, and Best Film Editing
Bengaluru: After more than three hours of Oscars fare, from red carpet proceedings and Billie Eilish memes, to entertaining speeches and triumphant wins (mainly for Parasite), Hollywood's biggest night is done and dusted.
Rapper Eminem brought the entire room at the Dolby Theatre to their feet with his surprise performance for chartbuster song 'Lose Yourself' at the ongoing 92nd Academy Awards.
South Korean drama Parasite, on Sunday (local time), created history as it became the first foreign-language film to win the Best Picture award at Oscars.
Earlier in the ceremony, the film won the Oscar for Best Original Screenplay, Best International Feature Film, and Best Director. Parasite managed to win four awards at the ceremony out of the six nominations it received.
Here’s the list of winners who bagged the prestigious award tonight.
· Best picture: Parasite, South Korea
· Best actress: Renée Zellweger, Judy
· Best actor: Joaquin Phoenix, Joker
· Best director: Bong Joon-ho, Parasite
· Best Music (original song): "(I'm Gonna) Love Me Again" from Rocketman
· Documentary short feature: Learning to Skateboard in a Warzone (If You're a Girl)
· Documentary feature: American Factory
· Best animated film: Hair Love