- Andhra IT Minister Nara Lokesh recently said, "Chief Minister doesn’t tolerate corruption."
- He made the statement following HC verdict against YSRCP leader Jaganmohan Reddy.
- His remarks, however, was severely criticised by the opposition and the public.
Information Technology and Panchayati Raj minister Nara Lokesh and TDP general secretary Nara Lokesh spoke to the media in Amaravathi on Friday in response to the High Court judgment of YSRCP leader Jaganmohan Reddy.
“Anyone who is guilty should go to jail… Chief Minister doesn’t tolerate corruption. He will be strict with whoever practices corruption,” these were the words of Lokesh.
His comments, however, raised a lot of criticism from the opposition and the public. The general public took the opportunity to point it out to the young leader that same comments are also applicable to his father and Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu.
Everyone who is guilty of wrongdoing should and must be punished. It may be Jagan or anyone for that matter. But if the same were true, let us look at some of the wrongdoings of the present TDP government and its chief Chandrababu Naidu.
- ‘Note-for-vote’ case: Who is the main culprit in this whole issue which shook the foundations of TDP in Telangana? The apprehended culprits were Revanth Reddy and Sandra Venkataveeraiah of TDP. But everyone knew of the hand behind the whole scam. Did the court punish the main culprit? Why did the main player get a stay order not to be investigated? Why didn’t he have the courage to face trial when he didn’t commit any mistake? Does Lokesh have anything to comment?
- The Chief Minister doesn’t tolerate corruption and would punish anyone practising corruption. If that’s the case what about the number of scams that happened after Chandrababu Naidu came to power and became CM? Has anyone been punished? The estimations of irrigation projects were increased to hundreds and thousands of crores for the benefits of the contractors. Doesn’t this come under corruption?
- Pattiseema Project: Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) report said that Rs 400 crores have been misappropriated in Pattiseema project. What measures did the CM take? Did he take action on anyone involved?
- Land scam in Visakhapatnam District: Several TDP ministers were involved in the Vizag land scam. Police filed a case against Anakapalli TDP MLA Peela Govind. Why didn’t the government take action on any of the culprits till date?
TDP in its 3 years of power is broiled in innumerable corruption cases, small and big. Nara Lokesh speaking of morals does sound out of place.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:34 PM