Major fire breaks out at Akkineni’s Annapurna Studios
- A major fire broke out in Hyderabad’s famous Annapurna Studios owned by the Akkineni family
- Two production sets were destroyed in the fire but fortunately there were no casualties
- Short circuit is said to be reason for the fire accident
A major fire broke out at the famous Annapurna studios owned by Akkineni Nagarjuna located in Banjara Hills on Monday evening. Two huge sets were destroyed in the fire accident but fortunately there were no casualties.
According to sources the fire broke out around 6:30 pm on Monday evening due to short circuit. Four fire engines had to be deployed to bring the fire under control.
Regular reality shoes, television soaps and films are shot at the Annapurna Studios on a daily basis. There were several filming crew members present at the scene, when the fire broke out. Fortunately none were hurt.
The film sets, one erected for Manam, the last film of Akkineni Nageswara Rao featuring three generations of the Akkineni family and another for the upcoming shoot of Chiranjeevi’s historic epic Sye Raa Narasimha Reddy were completely gutted.
Nagarjuna immediately rushed to the spot. Talking to the media he recollected the last days of his father spent on the set shooting for Manam.
Annapurna Studios spread in 22 acres was set up by the legendary actor Akkineni Nageswara Rao in his wife’s name in 1975.