UGC releases new academic calendar; September 30 deadline for First Year admissions
The new academic session must begin by October 1, the UGC circular said, adding that session can commence as early as possible, in either offline or online or blended (online + offline) mode.
The University Grants Commission has issued guidelines academic calendar for the year 2021-22, which states that the admissions to first-year courses must be completed by September 30, and the academic session should commence by October 1.
Here are highlights of the UGC circular:
* All Class 12 Board examination results are expected to be released by July 31.
* College and university admissions for Under Graduate courses to commence only after CBSE, ICSE & State Board Class 12 exam results are announced
* Under Graduate and Post Graduate admissions to be completed by September 30
* New academic session must begin by October 1. They can commence as early as possible, in either offline or online or blended (online + offline) mode.
* Next academic session of the incoming batch's second year to begin by August 1, 2022
* Universities must complete final year and semester exams by August 31. This could be compulsorily conducted in either offline or online or blended (online + offline) mode.
* Institutions can plan for classes, breaks, the conduct of examinations, semester break etc., between October 1, 2021, and July 31, 2022, following necessary guidelines issued by the central/state governments and competent authorities from time to time.
* Universities shall not charge any cancellation fees for withdrawal of admission till October 31. Post that, the universities can deduct a maximum of Rs 1000 as a processing fee if the student withdraws or cancels admission till December 31, 2021.