Asianet News English

Red Fort locked down day after intelligence alert on Independence Day threat

The ASI, in a communication, said that there should be no entry inside the Red Fort allowed from the morning of July 21 to August 15 till the Independence Day celebration is over. 

Red Fort locked down day after intelligence alert on Independence Day threat-VPN
Author
New Delhi, First Published Jul 21, 2021, 10:25 AM IST
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp

The Archaeological Survey of India has closed down the iconic Red Fort in New Delhi till August 15.

The move comes a day after security agencies put the national capital on high alert following intelligence input regarding a possible terror attack in the run-up to India’s 75th Independence Day.

The ASI, in a communication, said that there should be no entry inside the Red Fort allowed from the morning of July 21 to August 15 till the Independence Day celebration is over. 

Security agencies have received an alert about a major terror conspiracy aimed at rattling the national capital on August 5 on the second anniversary of the abrogation of Article 370, which led to the bifurcation of Jammu and Kashmir.

Following the intelligence alert, the Delhi Police has already ramped up security in the national capital, including its borders, as the Monsoon Session of Parliament is also in progress.

Media reports said four anti-drone systems are being installed at the Red Fort this year. Last year, two such systems were installed at the location.

Reports further said that the Delhi Police chief had asked station house officers in every district to take note of calls made to the control room or information regarding drones in the city and probe the threat accordingly.

Follow Us:
Download App:
  • android
  • ios