PM Narendra Modi invites nominations for 'people's Padma' awards
The Prime Minister said that India has many talented people who have been doing exceptional work at the grassroots but are often not seen or heard about much.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday announced the opening of the Padma award nomination process.
Calling the civilian honours as 'People's Padma', the Prime Minister said that India has many talented people who have been doing exceptional work at the grassroots but are often not seen or heard about much.
Urging people to come forward and recognise such people, the prime minister said they could log on to padmaawards.gov.in and submit their nominations.
Nominations are open till September 15.
Here is how you can nominate your achiever:
* Visit this Padma Awards website. Login or Register yourself.
* Click on the 'new nomination' to initiate the nomination process
* Go to the 'new nomination' button and select Padma awards followed by the category for which you would like to nominate - Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan or Padma Shri.
* Then select a field type from the given list (arts, science and engineering, sports, social work, etc.)
* Fill up basic personal basic details as part of the form. Click on 'save & next'.
* Fill up information on citation and work done, number of years and impact. Click on 'save & next'.
* Fill up details of previously received award(s), upload photo (size less than 50 MB in jpg format) and Document part of the form (size less than 5 MB and in pdf format). Click on 'save as draft'.
* After filling the nomination form, click on 'final submit'. Before clicking, check if all the information is correct as you would not be able to make changes to the nomination form later.
* Confirmation regarding nomination will be shared through Email or SMS