PM Modi takes the India's growth story to Davos
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has invited global businesses to participate in India's growth journey. Addressing the World Economic Forum's online Davos Agenda Summit, PM Modi said he wants to assure the global business community that situation will now change rapidly on the economic front.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has invited global businesses to participate in India's growth journey. Addressing the World Economic Forum's online Davos Agenda Summit, PM Modi said he wants to assure the global business community that situation will now change rapidly on the economic front. Here are key highlights of his speech.
* "Many around the world thought India would be worst-affected country by COVID-19 and face tsunami of corona infections. Some had talked about 70-80 crore people expected to get infected in India, while some talked about over 20 lakh possible deaths but India did not let the disappointment get better of it."
* "We transformed the fight against coronavirus into people's movement; today India is among most successful in saving lives."
* "Many countries faced the problem of reaching with financial help to their citizens, while in India we have reached at least 760 million people with financial aid in the crucial time of COVID-19 crisis."
* "Covid-19 crisis has taught us the basics of human values. Industry 4.0 is for humans, and not robots. We must ensure that technology becomes a tool for ease of living and not a trap."
* There are 4 major factors of Industry 4.0 -- automation, artificial intelligence, machine learning and real-time data."
* "India has stressed a lot on reforms and incentive-based stimulus in recent times. Even during Covid-19, India has paced structural reforms in all sectors. These reforms are being supported by PLI-schemes."
* "There is a huge Consumer Base in India and we are now filled with opportunities and a new spirit to surge ahead with reforms."
* "India's success can not be judged as the success of a single nation. 18% of the world's population is in India. India helped in mitigating the spread of the virus and saved mankind from a big disaster."
* "India is well equipped with connectivity, automation, artificial intelligence and real time data. Today, India is among the nations where mobile connectivity has reached to the farthest parts of the country."
* "Work is in progress for a strict law on data protection in the country."
* "We believe in opening all the sectors for market participation. Take the example of UPI. Transactions at UPI platform have crossed 2 billion per month. A major portion of these transactions is taking place through the apps developed by private players."
* "It is estimated that the infrastructure needs of the country would be around 4.5 trillion Dollars by 2040. I believe that the government and industry would have to achieve this goal in unison. Government is continuously working towards providing a stable environment & all help"
* "The Atma Nirbhar Bharat mission is committed to the global good and global supply chain with full capacity, capability and reliability."
* "Several points have been decriminalised in Company Law. To raise competitiveness, connectivity infrastructure is being strengthened. During pandemic we saw that Indian companies are capable of tackling supply shock, they maintained medical supply in India and across the world."
* "In just 12 days, India has vaccinated more than 2.3 million healthcare workers. In the next some months, we will achieve our target of vaccinating 300 million elderly people and people with comorbidities."