Pakistan accuses India of carrying out blast outside LeT chief Hafiz Saeed’s home; Delhi rubbishes charge
3 people were killed and 24 others injured when a powerful car bomb exploded outside Saeed's residence at the Board of Revenue Housing Society in Johar Town in Lahore on 23 June.
Pakistan on Sunday ended its four-month pause on accusations and attacks against New Delhi, describing the June 23 bomb blast near the home of Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed as “India-sponsored terrorism”.
Pakistan’s National Security Advisor Moeed Yousuf on Sunday alleged that an Indian citizen was behind a powerful bomb blast outside the house of the 2008 Mumbai terror attack mastermind and chief of the banned Jamat-ud-Dawa (JuD) Hafiz Saeed in Lahore last month.
Three persons were killed and 24 others injured when the powerful car bomb exploded outside Saeed’s residence at the Board of Revenue (BOR) Housing Society in Johar Town in Lahore on June 23.
On Twitter, Prime Minister Imran Khan alleged that the “planning & financing of this heinous terror attack has links to Indian sponsorship of terrorism against Pakistan”, and asked the “global community” to “mobilise international institutions against this rogue behaviour”.
According to a report on The Indian Express, there was no official response from the Ministry of External Affairs, but sources told that the Pakistani allegations were “baseless” and “false”.
Pakistan is trying to make out a case that it is a victim after the Financial Action Task Force decided to keep it on the grey list after Islamabad failed to act against terror funding. Pakistan is also making these false allegations against the R&AW in the wake of drone sightings in India, which clearly have a Pakistan link to it. With India trying to get the political process rolling further in Jammu and Kashmir, Islamabad is doing all it can to stall the same and hence these allegations too are being hurled the source cited above also said.
Addressing a press conference alongside the Punjab police chief and Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry here, NSA Yousuf claimed that the mastermind of the attack “is an Indian citizen with links to an intelligence agency.
“Through the forensic analysis, electronic equipment, which has been recovered from these terrorists, we have identified the main mastermind and the handlers of this terrorist attack and we have absolutely no doubt or reservation in informing you that the main mastermind belongs to RAW, the Indian intelligence agency, is an Indian national, and is based in India,” he said.
He, however, did not identify the alleged suspect.
NOTE: Asianet News humbly requests everyone to wear masks, sanitize, maintain social distancing and get vaccinated as soon as eligible. Together we can and will break the chain #ANCares #IndiaFightsCorona