International Yoga Day 2021: PM Modi urges nation to embrace Yoga for 'a happier way of life'
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said: "Yoga tells us that there may be so many problems that might be out there, but we've infinite solutions within ourselves. We're the biggest source of energy in the universe."
Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on International Yoga Day 2021, during which he said that Yoga has the potential to cater to mental, physical and psychological challenges.
Here are highlights of the Prime Minister's Yoga Day address:
* Yoga is a ray of hope amid the pandemic. Enthusiasm for Yoga has not diminished due to the pandemic.
* In one-and-a-half years, many nations have battled Covid. Yet the affection for Yoga has risen. People are trying to bring discipline to their lives.
* When the invisible virus arrived, no nation was prepared for it. We saw how in such times, Yoga instilled confidence that we can fight this virus.
* Yoga has been a protective shield amid Coronavirus.
* For most of the countries of the world, Yoga Day is not their age-old cultural festival. In this difficult time, people in so much trouble could forget it, ignore it. But on the contrary, people's enthusiasm for yoga has increased, love for yoga has increased
* When I talk to frontline warriors and doctors, they tell me that they've made Yoga a shield for protection against the virus. They've used Yoga not just for safeguarding themselves, but also patients.
* Thiruvalluvar, if there is a disease, diagnose it, go to the roots of it and then decide on a course of treatment. Yoga is part of that treatment. Yoga is benefitial for the healing process.
* Yoga shows us the road from stress to strength and from negativity to creativity. Yoga tells us that there may be so many problems that might be out there, but we've infinite solutions within ourselves. We're the biggest source of energy in the universe.
* At times, the lives of people exist in silos. This reflects in the personality as well. The shift from silos to union is Yoga. A realisation of oneness is Yoga.
* Tagore said, the meaning of ourself is not to be found in separateness from God and others but in the ceaseless realisation of Yoga and Union.
* Yoga gives us a happier way of life.
* During Covid-19, several studies are going on, research is underway on the benefits of yoga on our body and immunity. We see that yoga and breathing exercises are being done at the beginning of online classes. This is helping children in fighting the virus.
* If there are threats to humanity, Yoga often gives us a way of holistic health. Yoga also gives us a happier way of life. I am sure, Yoga will continue playing its preventive, as well as promotive role in the healthcare of the masses.
* The world is today getting the M-Yoga app, which is based on the Common Yoga Protocol.
The theme for International Yoga Day 2021 is ‘Yoga for wellness’.
With the COVID-19 pandemic exacerbating psychological suffering and mental health problems, many people have embraced Yoga to stay healthy and fight isolation and depression. International Day of Yoga has been celebrated globally on June 21 since 2015 after Prime Minister Narendra Modi during his speech at the United Nations General Assembly, proposed this idea.
- International Yoga Day
- global yoga day
- how to celebrate yoga day
- how to celebrate yoga day at home
- international yoga day 2021
- international yoga day celebrations
- international yoga day history
- international yoga day importance
- international yoga day in india
- international yoga day online event
- international yoga day theme
- yoga day
- yoga day in covid