Independence Day: 10 key takeaways from PM Narendra Modi's speech
Here are the top 10 key takeaways from PM Narendra Modi's Independence Day speech.
Addressing the nation from the ramparts of Red Fort for the eighth time in a row, Prime Minister Narendra Modi laid out the plan for the next 25 years before the nation.
Here are the top 10 key takeaways from PM Narendra Modi's Independence Day speech:
· PM Modi in a rare gesture said the country stands indebted to everyone, be it first PM Nehru or Sardar Patel, who united the country or Babasaheb Ambedkar, who led India’s way to the future. He also added that India still feels the pain of partition and therefore has decided to observe August 14 as Partition Horror Remembrance Day.
· "I convey my greetings on this special occasion of Independence Day. This day we remember our great freedom fighters. Also, Indians have fought this battle (Covid) with a lot of patience. We faced many challenges but worked with extraordinary pace in every area. This a result of strength of our industrialists and scientists, which showed today India doesn't need to depend on any other nation for vaccines."
· It’s high time we as a country need to apply scientific research and suggestions to the agriculture sector to provide food security to the nation and to increase food production. "It is time we apply scientific research and suggestions in our agriculture sector. We need to reap all its benefits. It will not just provide food security to the nation but will also increase food produce."
· Besides caring about basic facilities, reservation is being ensured for Dalits, STs, backwards and general category poor, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Sunday in his Independence Day address and stressed that the handholding of deprived communities is necessary.
· Taking an indirect dig at Pakistan, China at one go, PM Modi said today the world is looking at India from a new perspective and this vision has two important aspects. One terrorism and the other expansionism. India is fighting both these challenges and is also responding with great courage in a tactful manner, PM Modi said.
· He also urged the people to applaud the achievement of the athletes who have made India proud at Tokyo Olympics. They have not only won our hearts but also inspired future generations, he said.
· "Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas, Sabka Vishwas and Sabka Prayaas' is very important for the achievement of all our goals. We have to ensure we meet our goal of building Aatmanirbhar Bharat when we celebrate 100 years of India's Independence."
· He also spoke about the Delimitation Commission that has been constituted in Jammu and Kashmir and preparations are on for Assembly polls in the future, he said during his speech.
· We have to work together for the next-generation infrastructure, world-class manufacturing, cutting innovations and new-age technology, PM Modi said during his Independence Day speech.