He through his speech motivated and inspired students to know their true worth and to move ahead with confidence.
Prime Minister Narendra speaking at the IIT Kharagpur convention said that the students represent the aspirations of 130 crore people of India.
“As an engineer, you have the ability to move things from patterns to patents. That is, in a way, you have the vision to see subjects in more detail,” PM Modi told the students.
PM asked the students to not follow Selfie but Self 3. Self-awareness, Self-confidence, and Selflessness'. He tells the students to recognize one’s own potential and move forward, move ahead with full confidence, move ahead with selflessness.
Governor of West Bengal, Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank, and Union Minister of State for Education were also present on the occasion.
Highlights of PM Modi speech:
· We are witnessing a new ecosystem in startup, innovation and research areas. We have to work today to get results in the next 10 years.
· There is no scope for hurry in the field of technology. A technological failure always leads to a new innovation.
· The situation of 21st century India has changed, needs have changed and aspirations have also changed. Now IITs need to be taken to the next level in the case of Institutes of Indigenous Technologies, not just Indian Institutes of Technology. When the world was fighting climate change, India started work on the International Solar Alliance. Today, several nations are working closely with India on promoting solar energy.
· Remember self-awareness, self-confidence and selflessness. You should recognise your potential and move forward and move ahead with complete confidence and selflessness.
· now is the time to work towards the futuristic solutions of health technology. Be it the internet of things or modern construction technology, IIT Kharagpur is doing a commendable job.
· Students should focus more on developing technology to manufacture more personal health products for the convenience of humans.
· The government has freed Map and Geospatial data. This step will give a lot of strength to the tech start-up ecosystem. This step will also intensify the AtmaNirbharBharat campaign. The move will provide new freedom to young startups and innovators of the country.
· India is focused on developing infrastructure for better and quick disaster management. We launched the Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure CDRI to promote the resilience of infrastructure systems to disaster risks.
· India is completing its 75th year of independence this year. We should promote 75 innovations or products that IIT Kharagpur has given to us.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also inaugurated Dr Syama Prasad Mookerjee Institute of Medical Sciences and Research at Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur on Tuesday. The super-speciality hospital has been set up by IIT Kharagpur with support from the Ministry of Education.
Play The virtual Boat Racing Game and challenge yourself Click to Play Now
Last Updated Feb 23, 2021, 1:55 PM IST