The government has no confirmation on the death of two Keralites, who allegedly joined terror groups last year, Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said.

Two Keralites, who allegedly joined Islamic State and Al Qaeda, were reported to have been killed in Syria and Afghanistan in the US air strikes on April 29.

"We have reports about the death of two persons from Kerala who went missing, but no confirmation on it," PTI quoted Pinarayi telling the Assembly during the question hour on Monday. The CM said it has come to the notice of the government that banned outfits like Islamic State and Maoists are still functioning in the state.

Pinarayi said at least 22 persons from Kerala, including women, are reported to be missing after they were attracted to terror groups like Islamic State. The NIA is probing the cases registered in connection with this, the CM added.