Unlock 3: Night curfew removed; gyms to open from August 5
Schools, colleges and educational institutions will remain shut till the end of August, the government said in a set of fresh guidelines issued today.
The Ministry of Home Affairs on July 29 issued guidelines for Unlock Phase 3, beginning from August. The new guidelines are based on feedback received from states and UTs. Here are a few key points.
1. In the new guidelines, restriction on movement of individuals during night has been removed
2. From August 5, yoga institutes and gymnasiums will be allowed to open.
3. Independence Day celebrations will be allowed with social distancing and by following health safety protocol.
4. Schools, colleges and coaching institutes will remain closed till August 31.
5. International air travel of passengers has been permitted in a limited manner under the Vande Bharat mission.
6. It is to be noted that all activities except metro rail, cinema halls, swimming pools, entertainment parks, theatres, bars auditoriums, assembly halls, similar places, social, political sports, entertainment, academic, cultural, religious functions and other large congregations shall be permitted outside containment zones. (Dates for opening these will be decided separately bases on the assessment of the situation)
7. Lockdown will continue in containment zones till August 31.
8. States and UTs, bases of their assessment of the situation, may provide activities outside the containment zones or impose restriction as deemed necessary.
9. There shall be no restriction on interstate and intrastate movement of persons and goods. It added no separate permission, approval and e permit will be required for such movements.
10. National directives for COVID management shall continue to be followed throughout the country.
11. Vulnerable persons, people with comorbidities, pregnant women and children below 10 should stay home except for meeting essential requirements and health purposes.
12. The use of Aarogya Setu app will continue to be encouraged