TMC’s Lok Sabha member Abhishek Banerjee said that the West Bengal government’s Swasthya Sathi medical insurance scheme is better than the Central government’s Ayushman Bharat project. He urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take lessons from the 'Swasthya Sathi' project taken up by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to provide better medical facilities to the people of the state.
TMC’s Lok Sabha member Abhishek Banerjee has urged Prime Minister Narendra Modi to take lessons from the 'Swasthya Sathi' project taken up by Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee to provide better medical facilities to the people of the state.
Mamata Banerjee on Thursday (November 26) extended the Swasthya Sathi scheme to every individual in the state.
Abhishek Banerjee's tweet has come at a time when Amit Malviya, the IT cell chief of BJP has criticised the 'Swastha Sathi' project and alleged that Mamata Banerjee has deprived the people of the state by not implementing 'Ayushman Bharat'.
Banerjee tweeted, “It is indeed high time that @narendramodi ji starts taking governance lessons from MamataOfficial, SwasthyaSathi 4All universalises healthcare, irrespective of caste, class, region & religion."
The MP added, "A comparison only corroborates what Bengal thinks today India thinks tomorrow!"
Banerjee has given a befitting reply to the orchestrated lies circulated by the BJP leaders over the success of Ayushman Bharat. Banerjee said while 'Swasthya Sathi' was introduced in December 2016, Ayushman Bharat was introduced in September 2018.
Also read: PM Modi likely to visit Bengal on December
In Swasthya Sathi, entire medical cost is given by the state government while in Ayushman Bharat the state governments have to dish out 40 percent of the expenses while the Centre gives the remaining 60 percent.
The cost of medical treatment in the state run establishments in Bengal is completely free. On Thursday, Mamata Banerjee had announced that the entire population in Bengal would be brought under the 'Swasthya Sathi' project.
Abhishek Banerjee remarked that the project has strengthened women's empowerment as the card will be issued in the name of the woman who will be considered as the head of the family.
Play The virtual Boat Racing Game and challenge yourself Click to Play Now
Last Updated Nov 28, 2020, 2:07 PM IST