Key highlights of the Prime Minister Narendra's from the Invest India Conference in Canada
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today reached out to the Canadian business community, giving them a first-hand perspective of the opportunities to invest in India and showcase India as an investment destination.
Here are key highlights from the Invest India Conference in Canada:
* In the post-Covid world, one will often hear of various kinds of problems -- problems of manufacturing, supply chains, PPE. However, India has not let those problems be. We showed resilience and emerged as a land of solutions.
* Does the country have a vibrant democracy? Does the country have political stability? Does the country have investment & business friendly policies? Does the country have a skilled talent pool? The undisputed answer to all these questions is one: India.
* There is one thing common to most people in the audience. It has people who take investment decisions.
* The India story is strong today and stronger tomorrow. Today, the FDI regime has been very well liberalized. It has created a friendly tax regime for Sovereign Wealth and Pension Funds. We have undertaken significant reforms for developing a robust Bond market.
* India is playing the role of the pharmacy to the world. It has provided medicine to around 150 countries so far. During March-June of this year, our agricultural exports rose by 23%. This happened while the entire country was in a stringent lockdown
* Today, India is undergoing a rapid change in mindsets as well as markets. Today, India has embarked on a journey of deregulation and decriminalisation of various offences under the companies act
* India has undertaken a trinity of reforms in the field of education, labour and agriculture. Together, they impact almost every Indian
* India has ensured reforms in the field of labour and agriculture. They ensure greater participation of the private sector while strengthening the government's safety nets. These reforms will lead to a win-win situation for entrepreneurs as well as hard-working people
* The reforms in the field of agriculture are far-reaching. They will not only give more choice to farmers but will boost exports
Last Updated 8, Oct 2020, 7:35 PM