The NSUI launched a sharp attack on the BJP-led government over the alleged NEET paper leak. Demanding the Education Minister's resignation, the student body called for an impartial probe and a Joint Parliamentary Committee to investigate the matter.

The National Students' Union of India (NSUI) has launched a sharp attack on the Bharatiya Janata Party-led Union government over the alleged NEET paper leak issue, accusing it of failing to prevent repeated examination irregularities and alleging that the government was "fooling the people of the country."

Add Asianet Newsable as a Preferred SourcegooglePreferred

NSUI Demands Minister's Resignation, JPC Probe

Addressing the media persons during a protest here, NSUI National President Vinod Jakhar alleged that the government had been unable to curb the paper leak incidents, claiming that widespread anger among students reflected dissatisfaction with the ruling establishment. "They are unable to stop the paper leak. The government is fooling the people of the country. The way the youth are on the streets today, the entire country has understood that the youth are not satisfied with the BJP government. Today, NSUI is protesting across the country. Our clear demand is that the Education Minister of this country should resign and take moral responsibility for this paper leak. We also demand that the government conduct an impartial investigation. A joint parliamentary committee should be formed to investigate this matter," he told reporters.

His remarks come at a time when Members of the National Students' Union of India staged protests in several parts of the country as part of their nationwide 'Mashaal March' agitation over the alleged irregularities in the NEET examination. The NSUI has demanded the resignation of the Union Education Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, an impartial probe into the allegations, and the constitution of a Joint Parliamentary Committee to investigate the matter.

NTA Briefs Parliamentary Committee

The remarks come amid ongoing political debate over the NEET-UG 2026 examination after NTA officials informed the Parliamentary Standing Committee that the paper was not leaked in full and that only certain questions had surfaced before the exam, as per the sources.

According to sources, NTA DG Abhishek Singh and Higher Education Secretary Vineet Joshi told the committee that several reforms recommended for strengthening the examination system had already been implemented, while work on the remaining measures was ongoing.

Officials maintained that the alleged leak did not originate from the NTA system and said the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) is probing the circulation of leaked questions that led to the cancellation of the examination, as per the sources.

They also defended the cancellation under the agency's "zero-tolerance" policy, stating that even limited compromise of questions could undermine public trust in competitive examinations.

Future Measures Discussed

The Parliamentary Standing Committee also reviewed measures being taken to prevent similar incidents in the future and discussed proposals to shift NEET-UG to a computer-based testing format from next year.

Political tensions continue over the NEET-UG 2026 controversy, which led to the cancellation of the examination held on May 3 across 551 cities in India and 14 international centres, with over 22 lakh candidates appearing. The re-examination is scheduled for June 21 under enhanced security measures mandated by the Union Education Ministry. (ANI)

(Except for the headline, this story has not been edited by Asianet Newsable English staff and is published from a syndicated feed.)