Jobs in Bihar: Assistant professors recruitment in Bihar universities; all you need to know
Here is how the candidates applying for the position of assistant professors for the universities of Bihar will be marked.
Patna: For the recruitment of assistant professors across the universities of Bihar, 100 marks have been assigned for academic qualifications and 15 marks for the interview round.
Thirty marks have been assigned for PhD and seven marks for M.Phil. JRF along with NET will be given seven marks, five marks for NET, and three marks for either SET or SLET.
On the basis of a total of 115 marks, the merit list of candidates will be prepared. Bihar governor Phagu Chauhan approved the rules for the appointment of the assistant professors on Monday (August 10). Around 6,000 professors will be recruited across all the universities of the state. The maximum age limit for the recruitment has been set to 55.
How the marks will be distributed.
1. Graduation: 15 marks for 80% marks. 13 marks for 60% to 80%. 10 marks for more than 55% but less than 60%. Five marks for more than 45% but less than 55%.
2. Post-Graduation: 25 marks for 80%. Twenty-three marks for more than 60% but less than 80%. Twenty marks for more than 55% but less than 60% (For SC, ST, OBC, and Physically Challenged this range is 50% to 55%).
3. Teaching experience: Two marks for every year of experience. A maximum of 10 marks.
4. M.Phil: Seven marks for 60% and above. Five marks for more than 55% but less than 60%.
5. Research: Two marks for every research published in UGC approved journals. A maximum of 10 marks.
6. Candidates with a PhD degree will get a 5% discount at the postgraduate level. This applies to the candidates who have passed post-graduation before September 19, 1991.
7. Three marks for national and international level academic and research awards. Two points have been set for the state-level awards.