Mysuru: Former Minister and Congress MLA Tanveer Sait will soon be discharged from the hospital where he has been undergoing treatment for grievous injuries.

Sait was declared out of danger last Tuesday (Nov 19) after doctors found significant improvement in his health. Tanveer Sait was hospitalised after an assailant inflicted grievous injuries on his neck by striking him with a machete late on November 17 night.

Upendra Shenoy, Medical Superintendent of Columbia Asia Hospital in Mysuru had earlier said that “There is a lot of improvement in his general health condition on a daily basis. He even got down from the bed and sat on the chair for some time.”

The functioning of the kidney that was a source of concern to the doctors had also improved.

Responding to queries earlier, Dr. Shenoy had said, “The wound was dressed again on last Tuesday. He is speaking comfortably and following a regular diet.” But, the area of the surgery and the wound are yet to heal and the challenge is to prevent any infection. “It will take another 10 days for the wound to heal,” he added, and hoped Sait could be discharged from the hospital in about a week.

Though Minister for Housing V. Somanna, who is also the Minister in charge of Mysuru district, offered government assistance to bring specialist doctors to Mysuru or shift Sait to a different facility, Dr. Shenoy said there was no need for it now. Sait is also confident of the treatment at the hospital and his family is also in favour of continuing with the treatment in the same hospital, he added.

Meanwhile, many continued to visit the hospital to inquire about Tanveer Sait’s health. Former Minister AH Vishwanath, former MP R Dhruvanarayan and former Speaker Ramesh Kumar were among the visitors.

Under the supervision of DCP M Mutturaj, a team has been formed to investigate into the attack on Tanveer Sait. Including the prime accused Farhan Pasha, the cops have nabbed 6 miscreants in relation to the case.