Thrissur: A student was bitten by a snake in a school in Kerala's Thrissur district on Tuesday (November 26). The injured student is identified as Kannanaykkal Gerald.

The student is presently undergoing treatment in a private hospital in Angamaly. However, initial reports suggest that the student is stable.

The snake was found in the room where books were stored.

A week ago, a Wayanad native Shahla, was bitten by a snake in her classroom. After the girl observed physical difficulties and injury marks, she informed the class teacher. Soon the student's parents rushed her to a nearby hospital. The school management said, Shahla was sitting close to the wall and was bitten by a snake when she inserted her foot into a hole on the floor.

On her way to a government hospital (medical college), Shahla began to suffocate and was rushed to a private hospital. Doctors confirmed that it was a snakebite. However, they failed to save the girl.