Railways gives sneak peak into new 180 kmph vistadome tourist coach
First Published Dec 30, 2020, 2:14 PM IST
Indian Railways has given a glimpse of the new vistadome tourist coaches, days after it successfully completed the 180 kmph trial run.
Last week, the newly-built coach successfully completed the oscillation trial run at the 180 kmph in the Kota division of West Central Railway.
* A standout feature of the vistadome tourist coach is its large glass windows and glass roof that boast of electrically controlled opalescence
* The vistadome tourist coach has a larger viewing area and an observation lounge which includes a rooftop glass with 44 seats for passengers with rotation up to 180 degrees.
* The coach has a transparent roof to facilitate a panoramic view for the passengers. It also has a Wi-Fi-based passenger information system.
* The new coaches are equipped with air-spring suspension in secondary stage for better ride comfort.
* Thee newly built coaches have mobile charging sockets below the seat armrests and an entertainment system that has been integrated with digital display screens and speakers.
* The coaches are disabled-friendly with wider entrance doors and automatic sliding doors at the compartment's entry on both sides.
* The coaches have a mini pantry, a service area comprising a hot case, microwave oven, coffee maker, bottle cooler, refrigerator and washbasin. They also boast of FRP modular toilets with a pressurized flushing system.
* 10 Vistadome Linke Hofmann Busch coaches are planned for broad gauge lines. Two were rolled out recently, and eight more are to be completed by the end of March. The cost of production of each coach is estimated to be more than Rs 4 crore.
* These coaches are likely to be operated by the Indian Railways in sections like Dadar and Madgaon, Araku Valley, Kashmir Valley, Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, Kalka-Shimla Railway, Kangra Valley Railway, Matheran Hill Railway, Nilgiri Mountain Railway.
How many players do you prefer playing with?