'Gods' want 27 temples restored at Qutub Minar, court to hear plea on March 6
First Published Dec 24, 2020, 6:18 PM IST
A Delhi court will hear the plea seeking the restoration of 27 Hindu and Jain temples in the Qutub Minar complex in Mehrauli, on March 6.
Seeking details of the maintainability of the civil suit, the Saket court sought to know if a deity or a devotee could approach the court seeking such directions.
That's because Lord Vishnu and Tirthankar Lord Rishabh Dev have been made parties to the petition.
The plea seeks to restore 27 Hindu and Jain temples with respective deities which were dismantled, desecrated and damaged under the command and orders of Qutub-Din-Aibak, a commander of invader Mohammad Gauri, who established slave dynasty and to show the 'Might of Islam' raised some construction at the same very place of temples naming it as, 'Quwwat-Ul-Islam Mosque'.
Here are other contentions made in the petition:
* The 27 temples were actually sites for 27 Nakshatra or constellations.
* Qutubdin Aibak failed to completely demolish the existing temples and only partial demolition was carried out and after reusing the material of the temples a construction was erected which was named as 'Quwwatul Islam Masjid'.
* On the walls, pillars and roof of the existing building the images of Gods and Goddess including other religious/pious Hindu symbols and deities like Shri Ganesh, Vishnu, Yaksha, Yakshini, Dwarpal, Lord Parshvanath, Lord Mahavir, Natraj and symbols like Mangal Kalash, Shankh (Conch), Gada, Lotus motifs, Shri Yantra, Temple Bells and Sacred Lotus etc, are engraved.
* Varahmihir -- prominent mathematician, astronomer, astrologer, came to Indraprastha and constructed/erected a seven-storied polar pillar connoting an astronomical observation tower famous by different names such as Meru Stambh/ Dhruv Stambh/ Vishnu Stambh which is now termed as 'Qutub Minar' or astronomical studies and research.
* That 1600 years ancient Iron Pillar exists, within the court yard of temple complex / alleged Quwwat–Ul-Islam Mosque. The Iron Pillar is an object of worship for the devotees of Lord Vishnu.
* The short history displayed by ASI narrates that the 27 temples were demolished and reusing the materials of demolished temples the construction of Quwwat-ul-Islam Mosque was raised.
* The deities and devotees have right to reconstruct the temple/s at the same very place where it was before demolition of the temple.
How many players do you prefer playing with?