Second nationwide Covid vaccine dry run today: All that you need to know
First Published Jan 8, 2021, 8:48 AM IST
India will once again test its preparedness today ahead of launching the world's largest vaccination drive against Coronavirus. Here's what you should know about the second nationwide vaccination dry run.
* The mock drill will be held at three-session sites in each of the 736 districts across 33 States and Union Territories
* Uttar Pradesh, Haryana and Arunachal Pradesh will ski this dry run, as they have already conducted the drill in all their districts.
* The objective of the dry run is to simulate the actual vaccine administration event.
* The dry run is aimed at familiarizing the state, district, block and hospital-level officers on all aspects of the vaccine rollout.
* The dry run will fine-tune the working of the Co-WIN application that will provide real time information of vaccine stocks, their storage temperature and individualized tracking of vaccine beneficiaries.
* The mock drill will assist administrators in strengthening the linkages between planning, implementation and reporting mechanisms.
* The second dry run will help identify any residual challenges prior to the actual implementation and boost the confidence to programme managers.
* During the dry run, training modules developed for vaccine handlers and administrators, including medical officers, vaccinators, alternate vaccinators, cold chain handlers, supervisors, data managers, ASHA coordinators and all others involved in the implementation process at different levels, will be tested.
How many players do you prefer playing with?