Pencil battery found inside stomach of 3-year-old; doctors perform incision to save life

First Published 26, Aug 2020, 10:56 AM

A three-year-old child was operated on in Malda Medical College and Hospital to bring out a pencil battery from his stomach. The child swallowed the battery while playing. Family members are happy that their child’s life was saved.
 

<p>&nbsp;A TV remote battery was found in the stomach of a three-year-old boy. Doctors saved the child's life by operating on him in Malda Medical College and Hospital. Family members of the child are very happy after their child’s life was saved.</p>

<p>&nbsp;</p>

 A TV remote battery was found in the stomach of a three-year-old boy. Doctors saved the child's life by operating on him in Malda Medical College and Hospital. Family members of the child are very happy after their child’s life was saved.

 

<p>Sonojit Sarkar is a resident of Kendua area of Bulbulchandi in Habibpur Police station limits, Malda. He is a government schoolteacher by profession. His son Anik is only three years old.<br />
&nbsp;</p>

Sonojit Sarkar is a resident of Kendua area of Bulbulchandi in Habibpur Police station limits, Malda. He is a government schoolteacher by profession. His son Anik is only three years old.
 

<p>The battery went into the stomach of the child when he was playing at home. As soon as he put a pencil battery of the TV remote in his mouth, the battery went straight in.<br />
&nbsp;</p>

The battery went into the stomach of the child when he was playing at home. As soon as he put a pencil battery of the TV remote in his mouth, the battery went straight in.
 

<p>Anik started having unbearable pain in his stomach. He was first taken to Bulbulchandi Primary Health Centre. But doctors did not want to take any more risk as the patient's condition was serious. The child was referred to Malda Medical College and Hospital.<br />
&nbsp;</p>

Anik started having unbearable pain in his stomach. He was first taken to Bulbulchandi Primary Health Centre. But doctors did not want to take any more risk as the patient's condition was serious. The child was referred to Malda Medical College and Hospital.
 

<p>Doctors first conducted an X-ray of Anik's abdomen at Malda Medical College. X-rays clearly show a pencil battery stuck in the child’s abdomen.&nbsp;The doctors decided to perform surgery to save the life of the child. Doctors removed the battery from the abdomen in a 40-minute operation on Monday (August 24) night. Little Anik is now out of danger and is perfectly healthy.<br />
&nbsp;</p>

Doctors first conducted an X-ray of Anik's abdomen at Malda Medical College. X-rays clearly show a pencil battery stuck in the child’s abdomen. The doctors decided to perform surgery to save the life of the child. Doctors removed the battery from the abdomen in a 40-minute operation on Monday (August 24) night. Little Anik is now out of danger and is perfectly healthy.
 

loader