Asianet News English

China puts blogger on travel blacklist for posing at tombstone of PLA soldiers killed in Galwan clash

The Chinese administration has put a blogger on a travel blacklist after he was charged for 'showing no respect' to the soldiers who died during the Sino-India clash in the Galwan Valley last year. 

China puts blogger on travel blacklist for disrespecting tombstone of PLA soldiers who died in Galwan-VPN
Author
Beijing, First Published Jul 21, 2021, 8:32 PM IST
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Whatsapp

The Chinese administration put a blogger on a travel blacklist after being charged for 'showing no respect' to the soldiers who died during the Sino-India clash in the Galwan Valley last year. 

"As per the Chinese administration, the blogger found to be posing next to the tombstone of their Galwan Valley heroes," the Chinese government's mouthpiece the Global Times reported.

The blogger had his social media account on Toutiao News, which has been banned permanently.

The procuratorate (officer responsible for investigating and prosecution of a crime) in Xinjiang said the tourism department had been contacted and directed to put the blogger on a travel blacklist.

Authorities have also decided to strengthen the management of the Kangxiwa Martyrs Cemetery and prevent similar activities against the martyrs.

Meanwhile, Chinese social media platform Toutiao said that it has zero tolerance for those who do not respect martyrs and will continue to crack down on inappropriate content. 

Toutiao also urged content creators to strictly abide by the rules of the platform.

Last month, Chinese authorities sentenced a popular Chinese blogger to eight months in jail for comments regarding military casualties of the Galwan valley clash with India.

Qiu Ziming, an internet celebrity with more than 2.5 million followers, was convicted for 'defaming martyrs'. The sentencing marked the first such case in China since a new amendment was attached to the Criminal Law.

Qiu, a former reporter with a weekly publication, put out posts that suggested that the PLA commander who survived the Galwan clashes because he was the highest-ranking officer at the incident spot. 

Qui had also suggested that more Chinese soldiers might have been killed in the conflict than those disclosed by the authorities.

China has so far admitted suffering only four casualties in the clash that took place in Eastern Ladakh.

Follow Us:
Download App:
  • android
  • ios