- Nokia 8 sports a 5.3-inch 2K IPS display and gets Gorilla Glass 5 protection.
- The smartphone comes equipped with 13MP dual rear snappers, and a 13MP front camera.
- Bothie, essentially allows you take photos and shoot videos from the front and back cameras simultaneously.
Finally the high-end Nokia 8 has been officially unveiled for the Indian market. With this device, Nokia wants to make a comeback in the premium segment to compete with the likes of Samsung, Huawei, and others. The Nokia 8 is priced at Rs 36,999. It will be available both online and offline starting 14 October.
The Nokia 8 features a metal unibody design, dipped in polished blue and polished copper colours.
Under the hood, it gets a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor coupled with 6GB or 8GB RAM options.
The highlight of the device is the Carl Zeiss cameras and the Bothie feature. The smartphone comes equipped with 13MP dual rear snappers, and a 13MP front camera. HMD Global is also putting forth the feature that it calls Bothie, which essentially allows you take photos and shoot videos from the front and back cameras simultaneously. The device also gets a fingerprint scanner.
Another notable feature is the Ozo Audio recording. Ozo Audio is capable of capturing 360-degree audio, owing to three mics and the company's own acoustic algorithms.
Nokia 8 is among the few devices that will be launched running Android N, and the company also promises Nokia O update.
A look at the complete Nokia 8 specifications
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- 5.3-inch Quad-HD display with Gorilla Glass 5
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB storage, microSD support up to 256GB
- Dual 13MP rear cameras, dual-LED flash
- 13MP selfie camera
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0,
- 3090mAh battery with Quick Charge
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:43 PM IST