- CM O Panneerselvam and other Ministers paid floral tributes to Jayalalithaa's portrait and then held the cabinet meeting.
- The TN government will recommend late AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa for 'Bharat Ratna'.
- The govt will also propose to the Centre to install her life-size bronze statue in Parliament complex.
After the demise of Jayalalithaa, in the first meeting of Tamil Nadu cabinet decided to a number of recommendations and proposals for honouring Amma.
Here are the recommendations and proposals made by the cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister O Panneerselvam.
1. Recommend late AIADMK supremo Jayalalithaa for 'Bharat Ratna', the highest civilian honour of the country.
2. To propose to the Centre to install her life-size bronze statue in Parliament complex.
3. It was also proposed in the Cabinet meeting to raise a memorial building for the leader at the MGR Memorial site, where she was laid to rest. The Cabinet resolved to rename the memorial as Dr Puratchi Thalaivar MGR and Puratchi Thalaivi Amma Selvi J Jayalalithaa Memorial.
4. The Cabinet also proposed to unveil a portrait of the leader in the Tamil Nadu Assembly.
The meeting condoled Jayalalithaa's death saying the 68-year-old leader had dedicated her life to the betterment of the people of Tamil Nadu, and help the state take giant strides in sectors like social welfare, education and growth.
"We promise to work in the path laid down by Amma who is now watching us perform" from Marina where she was buried, the Ministers said, condoling her death.
She was an "unparalleled leader" in the sense that she was AIADMK General Secretary for 28 of her 35 years of public service, a seven-time MLA and leading the party to many victories including the 2011 and 2016 assembly polls and 2014 Lok Sabha elections, the resolution said.
Earlier, Panneerselvam and other Ministers paid floral tributes to Jayalalithaa's portrait and then held the meeting.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:57 PM