Vaseline and petroleum jelly has come a long way
It was first used for medicinal purposes, and gave way to other uses
It now is a staple in every household
Vaseline or petroleum jelly has been around for thy kingdom come and is a staple in every household. Most often used for to moisturise skin, it can also have a number of other uses, some of which you may not have known of.
- Back Pain: For a quick fix, warm some Vaseline in a microwave, and apply it to the area. You will get some relief
- Paws pads: Even our pet pooches are not free from sore paws. Vaseline will provide the much-required relief.
- Inexpensive exfoliating scrub: This is a great way to save on some money. Simply mix equal portions of sea salt or sugar with Vaseline, and voila, you have some scrub at your disposal.
- Troublesome jewellery: Have issues with putting your earring on? Then a simple dab of Vaseline around your earlobes should do the trick, and help you put your jewellery on easily.
- Glowing skin: Want to have the shiny and glowing skins like you seen on celebs? Then apply Vaseline on your legs and see the difference
- Hair Moisturiser: Keep your hair well-moisturised with Vaseline. Make sure you don’t overdo it, else you will end up with a mop of greasy and oily hair which defeats the purpose
- Long lasting perfume / cologne: Apply a wee bit of Vaseline on your wrists, behind your ears, and the back of your knees, before you spray on your perfume. This is a cool hack to make your perfume or cologne last longer.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:58 PM IST