This polling season is all about allegations and counter allegations and the release of the Pattali Makkal Katchi (PMK) manifesto today was not without any drama. The party leadership alleged that the DMK has lifted ideas from its draft manifesto released in September last year.
PMK founder S Ramadoss alleged that the DMK, that had released its manifesto on 10 April, has lifted “42 schemes” from its earlier version.
Ramadoss' son and party's Chief Ministerial candidate Dr. Anbumani Ramadoss remarked that the first part of the manifesto (the draft), was released last year, the second one in Anna Arivalayam (DMK headquarters) last week, and the final part of the manifesto was released today."
The highlights of the PMK manifesto are as follows:
- Liquor prohibition in the state
- Increase in allocation of funds for the education sector
- Waiving education loans
- Waiving farmer’s loans
- Invite more investors and turn Tamil Nadu into Singapore
- Better health facilities for all
- Performance of all ministers to be put on public domain and audit their property details
- More accountability among government officers
- Trichy to be made the second capital
- Silk park in Kancheepuram
- Proposed IT corridor in Hosur and Dharmapuri districts
State assembly polls in the state are due on 16 May.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 6:44 PM IST