- PM Narendra Modi asked the country to be patient.
PM Narendra Modi asked the country to be patient as there was ‘no gain without pain.’ He was speaking at the centenary celebration of Karnataka Lingayath Education (KLE) society on Sunday afternoon in district auditorium of Belagavi.
He started his speech by wishing the audience in Kannada “Belagaviya Nanna preethiya bandhu bhaginiyare, nimagella nanna namastkaragalu” (I salute you, my dear brothers and sisters of Belagavi)
Here are highlights of the speech:
- We make it a big news if someone attains the age of 60 years. Even political parties cannot survive after one hundred years. But in these hundred years, KLE society has made a revolution in the field of education. Media should make it big news.
- KLE was founded on the spirit and ideals of Basaveshwara, saint and a revolutionary of 12th-century. Basaveshwara tried to reach the lowest of the lower classes of the society and had made a social revolution one thousand years ago.
- My only expectation from KLE society is to bring a gold medal from Tokyo Olympics which is scheduled in 2020. KLE society is educating more than one lakh students and have every confidence that they’ll bring a gold medal.
- It is sad that Indian universities are not counted in top 100 world universities. Our private as well as government universities should pursue to provide world class education.
- Referring to Rahul Gandhi, Modi said that people who swallowed many millions of rupees in coal scam, 2G scam etc. were made to stand in a queue on 10th November, just to obtain ₹ 4000.
- Congress government banned 25 paise while I banned ₹ 1000 currency. The poor citizen of India slept a nice sleep on November 8, while rich people rushed towards medical shops to get a headache pill, but they could not get a single tablet. There is ‘pain’ in my decision but there is a ‘gain’ for the nation.
- I will not remain silent after December 30. I will drag out all the documents right from the day of our independence. I’m not going to spare a single black money hoarder.
- I advise people who simply reiterate questions like ‘Modi ne kya kiya, Modi ne Kya Kiya?’ (What modi did, what modi did?) to watch the video on November 8 news channel. Their question will be answered.
- I will clean the dirt within 70 months, the dirt that has been piled up in these 70 years.
- In his final words, he said, “If you believe in my honesty then I want each one of you to bless me by standing up and clapping”. Even the journalists stood up and clapped when Modi gave this call. When Modi saw the journalists standing and clapping he said “I’m amazed even they are clapping. My hundred salutes to them”.
BS Yeddyurappa, State president of BJP, Ananthakumar, cabinet minister and MPs DV Sadananda Gowda, Ramesh Jigajinagi were present on the stage. Prabhakar Kore, Chairman of KLE society offered an idol of Kitturu Channamma and welcomed PM Narendra Modi.
Last Updated 31, Mar 2018, 7:01 PM IST