Families of 58 youths write to AP, Telangana govt: Bring back those stranded in China’s Wuhan
The youngsters had gone to Wuhan for their training and are part of a group of 58-member staff in a Chinese company. The parents of youths are asking the Andhra Pradesh, Telangana governments and the Centre to bring their wards back home at the earliest.
Visakhpatnam: Families of 58 engineers from Andhra Pradesh and Telangana are worried since their children are in China’s Wuhan city. Due to coronavirus outbreak, they have requested the Centre to ensure the repatriation of the youths at the earliest.The youngsters had gone to Wuhan for their training and are part of a group of 58-member staff in a Chinese company. The parents of youths are asking the Andhra Pradesh, Tela governments and the Centre to bring their wards back home at the earliest.
"Though our wards are being taken care of by their employer, we are worried about their health amid coronavirus outbreak. We are trying to bring them back," said AVL Narasimha Rao, the father of one of the trapped staffers.
The first case of coronavirus was reported in Wuhan city of China in December and since then the virus has spread to most parts of the world.
Rao said that they have informed Visakhpatnam MP MVV Satyanarayana about their concerns.
"He (Satyanarayana) immediately responded and wrote a letter to external affairs ministry and they got a response," Rao said. Moreover, Rao had also written a letter to Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu seeking his assistance in this regard.
In a letter to external affairs minister S Jaishankar dated January 28, Satyanarayana made a request to bring back the Indian employees from Wuhan.
"It is understood that the employees of Panel Otto-display Technology Private Limited (POTPL), who have been brought to Wuhan's China Star Opto-Electronics Technology (CSOT) for training purpose on August 23, 2019, had been locked down since January 23 this year due to the novel coronavirus. As you are well aware of the virus spreading in the Wuhan City since December 31, 2019, and in this regard, the concerned were informed it was safe to stay in the city," read the letter.
"Since then (January 23), the parents and the said employees are worrying and one of them might get infected and want to go back home as soon as possible, in sound health and their company is also ready to send them back to India, but due to the lockdown, they are stranded in Wuhan," it said.
"A total of 58 Indians are present in Wuhan's CSOT and they have already sent their details to the Embassy of India, Beijing. Hence, I request you to kindly help to bring back the said employees from Wuhan in China to India," the letter further said.