Mirzapur: A three-year-old girl died after falling into a boiling pot of vegetables in Uttar Pradesh's Mirzapur district. It is reported that the girl fell into the pot, which was being cooked under the midday meal scheme at a school.

The incident occurred on February 3, and the girl died during treatment.

The family members of the child alleged that the cook had earphones plugged in and did not pay attention to the child who was playing near the stove.

The cook noticed what happened only after seeing other children screaming and running away from the spot. Without thinking twice, the cook panicked and ran away along with the others.

The girl was rushed to a health clinic, but she died during treatment.

District magistrate Sushil Patel said that the headmaster of the school has been suspended. The district magistrate also said that an investigation into the incident has been ordered.

"An FIR will also be filed. We have got information that there were six cooks at the school and the accident happened due to negligence on their part," the district magistrate added.

In a similar incident, a 3-year-old boy succumbed to injuries after falling into a vessel filled with hot sambar, according to Cyberabad Police. The toddler fell into the sambar on November 17, 2019, and succumbed to injuries on November 19.

The boy from Ranga Reddy district of Telangana was rushed to the Shabad government hospital for treatment, from where he was shifted to the Osmania General Hospital on the recommendation of the doctors. The boy succumbed to his injuries while undergoing treatment in the hospital.