Budget Session: Opposition attacks government over Uttarakhand crisis
Both houses of Parliament met today as budget session resumed. The following developments have taken so far:
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi expressed that members of all parties will discuss issues in a democratic spirit and take good decisions.
- The Congress has demanded a discussion in both Houses on the imposition of President's Rule and dismissal of Harish Rawat government in Uttarakhand by the BJP-led NDA government.
- There was uproar in Rajya Sabha (RS), when Congress leaders Ghulam Nabi Azad and Anand Sharma wanted to discuss the Uttarakhand crisis.
- Union Finance minister Arun Jaitley the matter would be discussed later.
- RS has been adjourned till noon following ruckus over Uttarakhand crisis.
- Congress Lok Sabha members stormed to the well of the house calling the imposition of President’s rule as “murder of democracy”.